Terms of Service Contract - GDPR Compliance
While this document addresses the European Union’s new GDPR law, Red Oxx felt it was necessary to offer all our customers information about data collection, how we use this data, and how it may affect our customer’s privacy. By purchasing from Red Oxx you agree to our Terms of Service and accept our efforts at GDPR compliance.
International customers cannot order product from Red Oxx on our website until they agree to this Terms of Service contract and our International Shipping Policies agreement. Access to agreement to these policies is available when you select your International Shipping location in the cart checkout address form during purchase. Note that the cookie that works this agreement lasts for 24 hours. EU customers agreeing to this contract hereby allow the data collection software Red Oxx uses, as listed below, to operate certain aspects of the website (for example: viewing product videos).
EU customers can also contact Red Oxx Customer Care to have their email accounts deleted with no further marketing sent to them.
Red Oxx is in the process creating the option of "allow" or "disallow" cookies being placed on your computer when you visit our website. We expect this to be implemented soon. In the meantime, you can remove cookies and reduce data collection by following these procedures.
Software and Systems that Gather Data for Red Oxx Marketing
- Adroll – Adroll is a remarketing software that pitches ads to customers who have visited the website and then surfed to other sites. Ads Red Oxx created are then seen on other sites. This is operated by a cookie system.
- Google Analytics – Red Oxx collects data from all users to determine marketing silos and success or failure of our marketing efforts. Google has implemented their own privacy policies that prevent us from seeing certain aspects of data. If you’re concerned about Google’s data collection there are alternate search platforms such as Duckduckgo available that offer user privacy.
- Klaviyo – This software drives our email newsletter, our welcome email series, and post purchase email flows. Customers are now automatically opted in but can easily unsubscribe or request deletion of their email accounts in Klaviyo at any time.
- Privy is our email newsletter opt-in and abandoned cart software. Privy has addressed GDPR compliance here.
- Youtube – Our video channel is under the auspice of Google, avoid using Youtube if you’re concerned about data collection by Google.
- Facebook and other social media – Red Oxx uses Facebook and other social media platforms like Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest to pitch marketing. When you sign on with these social media outlets, you can arrange your own personal privacy settings within each platform.
- VIMEO – Red Oxx uses this video software hosting platform to operate our onsite product and customer service videos. More information about Vimeo’s compliance with GDPR can be found here.
- Adwords – In the past Red Oxx has used Google’s Adwords advertising service to market to new and current customers on Google's search platform. Red Oxx is not currently using Adwords services, but may in the future. If this is a concern, you will need to use a different search engine.
- Google Shopping - This is a shopping network hosted by Google. Red Oxx sells items through Google Shopping and follows their terms of service guidelines.
- Facebook Shop - This is Facebook's shopping network. Red Oxx sells items through this media platform and follows their terms of service guidelines.
- Shopper Approved - This is our product and customer service review software. As a partner, Red Oxx operates within their terms of service guidelines.
Red Oxx does not maintain an ebay or Amazon account. Red Oxx items sold or auctioned on these sites are sold by private citizens or second hand outlets.
Red Oxx does not currently maintain any affiliate accounts or associate with any affiliates.