Terms of Service Contract - GDPR Compliance
While this document addresses the European Union’s new GDPR law, Red Oxx felt it was necessary to offer all our customers information about data collection, how we use this data, and how it may affect our customer’s privacy. By purchasing from Red Oxx you agree to our Terms of Service and accept our efforts at GDPR compliance.
International customers cannot order product from Red Oxx on our website until they agree to this Terms of Service contract and our International Shipping Policies agreement. Access to agreement to these policies is available when you select your International Shipping location in the cart checkout address form during purchase. Note that the cookie that works this agreement lasts for 24 hours. EU customers agreeing to this contract hereby allow the data collection software Red Oxx uses, as listed below, to operate certain aspects of the website (for example: viewing product videos).
Red Oxx is in the process creating the option of "allow" or "disallow" cookies being placed on your computer when you visit our website. We expect this to be implemented soon. In the meantime, you can remove cookies and reduce data collection by following these procedures.
Software and Systems that Gather Data for Red Oxx Marketing
- Adroll – Adroll is a remarketing software that pitches ads to customers who have visited the website and then surfed to other sites. Ads Red Oxx created are then seen on other sites. This is operated by a cookie system.
- Google Analytics – Red Oxx collects data from Google users to determine marketing silos and success or failure of our marketing efforts. Google has implemented their own privacy policies that prevent us from seeing certain aspects of data. If you’re concerned about Google’s data collection there are alternate search platforms such as Duckduckgo available that offer user privacy.
- Klaviyo – This software drives our email newsletter, our welcome email series and after purchase email flows. Customers are never automatically opted in and can easily unsubscribe or request deletion of their email accounts in Klaviyo at any time.
- App sumo is our email newsletter opt-in and abandoned cart software. App Sumo has addressed GDPR compliance here.
- Webtrends – This is a data collection service under our Unite U ecommerce platform. Similar to Google’s data collection, Webtrends allows us to see how our marketing efforts are working. Since it’s under the auspice of our ecommerce platform, all data collected is secure and entirely private.
- Youtube – Our video channel is under the auspice of Google, avoid using Youtube if you’re concerned about data collection by Google.
- Facebook and other social media – Red Oxx uses Facebook and other social media platforms like Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and occasionally Google Plus to pitch marketing. When you sign on with these social media outlets, you can arrange your privacy settings within each platform.
- Wistia – Red Oxx uses this video software hosting platform to operate our onsite product and customer service videos. More information about Wistia’s compliance with GDPR can be found here.
- Adwords – In the past Red Oxx has used Google’s Adwords advertising service to market to new and current customers on Google's search platform. Red Oxx is not currently using Adwords services, but may in the future. If this is a concern, you will need to use a different search engine.
You are invited to keep up with the Red Oxx Herd - subscribe to our VIP Newsletter.